Saturday, February 21, 2009

Up the Irons

Woke up this morning around 10am to a fire alarm going off right above my bed, having slept maybe 4 hours.

Escaping the infernal beeping into my living room I could hear the same alarm making life uncomfortable at my neighbors' apartments as well. Seems we have a central alarm system here, one that we can't turn off ourselves.

It puts on its clothes and goes outside.
A fireman (in full smoke diving gear): "G'day, mate." *passes me by and walks upstairs*
It joins its neighbors and answers their good mornings grumpily.
A cute girl (with her nipples bleeding through her tank top -- oh, the excitement!): "Good thing we had time to wake up before all this!"
Me: *Urge to kill, rising*
It decides it needs coffee, goes back inside to get its wallet.

The alarm stops sounding. False alarm.

A quick shower and a shave later I go outside. It takes me 5 coffee shops before I find one that sells cheesecake:

Afterwards, properly woken up and feeling somewhat cheerful, I find a large group of college students in Victoria Park, all dressed up in kilts, playing bagpipes and drums. I don't know if it is proper for women to wear kilts, but I do wonder if they go all the way and skip the underwear.
Three hours now, until the doors open at Westpac. It's about 4 kilometers away from my apartment, but I think I will walk. The weather is just perfect, (I'm not even going to check the UV-readings for today, to hell with cancer) so stop for a beer or two on the way, and the evening should go down rather smoothly. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude! Five days since the concert and no update to the blog? Don't tell me you're still in parTEH mode! 8)

    Hope all's good down there - now stop working and blog something!

    ReplyDelete