Thursday, January 29, 2009

In Helsinki, leaving in two days

From the point where I first heard about the chance to go to NZ for 6 months to the point where I'm actually about to go: 11 months.

When I applied for the visa:

















And when I finally received it:

















Oh yeah, and now, after the bureaucratic hell machine finally produced the said permit, Surprise! I had yet another delay show up and bite me in the ass, literally.

A tennis elbow, only in my tailbone.

A week of antibiotics took care of it, but while it lasted, it looked like I had grown a third buttock. Sitting down and lying on my back were a bit on the impossible side, so some 30 hours of hopping around the planet in tourist class wasn't exactly something I was willing to try. One week of sick leave, one week of glorious postponement.

But now I'm ready to go, yet again!
















Spending a couple of days in Helsinki before leaving (flight departs on Saturday afternoon and arrives to Christchurch, New Zealand on Monday afternoon. 11 time zones, 28 hours in the air and 6 in random airports, longest stretch being a 22-hour Jumbo Jet ride from London to Sydney). Today I shall eat out and celebrate with some friends in a civilized fashion. Tomorrow I shall eat out and celebrate with some other friends in a bit less civilized fashion. Hopefully this time around I won't end up passing out on the floor of some random women's toilet.

Baaah~

No comments:

Post a Comment