Friday, October 31, 2008

Can it now be cranks up the CO2 emissions time pleas?

While flying somewhere over Poland a few days back, the pilot suddenly announced that we were going to be late from our destination, since there was a bit of a headwind outside, slowing us down. Nothing too bad, just 300+ km/h.

In Italy it was raining horizontally and lightning flashes filled the skies, though the temperature hung above 20 degrees every day. ("No, I don't want to buy your stupid umbrella, mr. street vendor #502. The water is coming in from all directions! What? Oh, really? Only 5 euros? Well, you see that bar over there? How about I go in there and give that money to the nice gigolo guy behind the counter instead and wait the storm out nurturing a pint of Guinness?") Returning to Finland last night I found out that the winter had let itself in while I had my back turned. It's a blizzard-land out there right now, and even though it makes some of my more winter sports oriented colleagues feel funny in their pee-pee place, I rather curl up in my cozy living room sofa, enjoy a wee bit of Bailey's and read Charles Stross's Halting State, a novel that a geek like me really cannot not like.

It seems that I missed my shot at evading the white, cold stuff this year. Oh well.

Also, business meetings in Italy are pretty much like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment